Hello family and friends!
Joe and I have decided to create this blog so that you can join us as we watch Sophia grow! For those of you who may not know the details of how our little girl entered the world, we will start at the beginning.
Sophia Faith Benscoter was due to arrive on November 24th, 2010. Grandma and Grandpa Lagasse came to Clovis, New Mexico on November 17th to ensure they would not miss the big event. Unfortunately, we would all have to wait longer than planned. The due day came and went, we had Thanksgiving without a trip to the hospital, and even watched a very stressful Iron Bowl football game with no contractions. I went to the clinic for a check-up with my doctor on Monday November 29th and he said that I could be admitted to the hospital on Wednesday, December 1st for an induction since our little girl was being so stubborn. I called the Labor and Delivery unit around 6AM the morning of December 1st and they said they did not have a room for me. I was crushed! Thankfully, by noon they had a room so Joe and I grabbed some lunch and went to the hospital to have our baby! I was admitted around 1PM and it turned out that I was in labor and did not need to be induced. I had an epidural around 4:30PM, began pushing around 8:30PM and our sweet little girl was born at 9:15PM. I was so thankful for a quick and relatively painless labor and delivery! We stayed in the hospital for three nights while both Sophia and I were monitored and finally released to go home around 10AM Saturday, December 4th. Just in time to watch the SEC championship game between Auburn and South Carolina! WAR EAGLE!
 |
| 41 weeks pregnant |
 |
| Our sweet Sophia shortly after she was born |
 |
| Grandma with Sophia |
 |
| Grandpa and Sophia |
 |
| Daddy and Sophia |
 |
| Sophia being burped by one of the nurses |
 |
| So comfy in Grandma's arms |
 |
Ready to go home!
Getting cozy in her new house
Daddy holding Sophia before her first bath
Grandma gave Sophia her first bath
So fresh and clean!
Napping with Grandpa
Grandpa bouncing on the ball with Sophia...its her favorite activity!
Princess Sophia
Mommy and Sophia love the Moby wrap!
Snuggling after church Sophia loves to nap on Daddy |
No comments:
Post a Comment