Our month started off great! Joe and I went on a date to NYC on September 1st to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We took a train from Trenton, NJ to Penn Station in NYC. From there we took the subway to Broadway. We grabbed a bite to eat at an Italian restaurant prior to watching Book of Mormon. The show was very funny and it was so exciting to be on Broadway. Afterwards, we took a taxi to Candice and Danny Amat's new apartment! It was so great getting to see where they live! Since they are locals, we went with them to a bar to grab drinks before having dinner at The Meatball Shop. Our day was fantastic, start to finish! On September 2nd, Nana and Papa had to go back home :( They were so wonderful to help us paint and by watching the kids for us while Joe and I went on our date!
On September 3rd, Tyler and I went to CHOP to meet his new Hematologist, Dr. Char Whitmer. She is FANTASTIC. I spent over an hour with her going through all of Tyler's medical history with an emphasis on all the reasons we were eager to wean Tyler off Lovenox and start him on Coumadin. She understood all of my concerns and was willing to begin the bridging process to wean Tyler off Lovenox and start him on Coumadin. By September 9th Tyler's blood levels were perfect and we stopped giving him his (twice a day) Lovenox injections! What a joyous day! It was getting to be so heart-breaking to give him a medicine that caused him such pain...not to mention he had endured 2 shots a day for 13 months! We were all VERY ready to move on to Coumadin (which we give him via his G-tube).
I did get a little ahead of myself though-- On September 7th we drove to Bristol to celebrate my Memere and Pepere's 60th wedding anniversary. It was such a wonderful occasion to share with so many of my family members. September 10th was another monumental day... we got our household goods delivered! It was fun and stressful to be reacquainted with ALL of our belongings.
My Mom and Dad came to visit on September 17th. They were such a big help by hanging all of our curtains and several pictures. I was so glad to have the extra set of hands! I realize now that setting up a home with two small children roaming around is quite a feat! On September 20th we drove to Cape Cod for the weekend so that Joe could enjoy a Red Sox game with Evan in Fenway Park.
On September 27th we went back to CHOP to meet Tyler's Cardiologist, Dr. Lee Vogel who is also amazing. We reviewed all of Tyler's history and his check up went really well. We decided to have a follow up appointment in February 2014 to discuss timing of Tyler's Fontan--his third open heart surgery. Following the cardiology appointment Tyler had a doppler of his legs to check his veins. He developed clots in both of his legs after a failed cardiac catheterization in August 2012 and the echo performed that day confirmed that those clots are still present in Tyler's legs. While this seems very scary, Tyler's body has formed collateral veins so that blood can continue to travel up his legs without utilizing the veins that are clotted off. Therefore, the clots are of no danger to our sweet little man.
Well, as I began uploading pictures and videos for this month's post, I realized that I didn't have much to share. Lets just suffice it to say that we all spent this month trying to make our new house a home!
Joe and I about to leave for NYC to see The Book of Mormon on Broadway
We made it!
In line to get into the theater
The yellow awning is the cute Italian restaurant where we enjoyed lunch.
We met up with Danny and Candice Amat for dinner and drinks!
Hunter pushing Sophia around the neighborhood park
Our Kitchen after painting was completed
A view of the living room from the kitchen
The living room/ dining room and sliders to the back yard
Another view of the dining room and kitchen
A view of the living space from the back door sliders. The hallway leads to the front door.
Our Master bedroom...I love the red paint!
Master bathroom on the right, walk in closet on the left.
A view of the back yard and woods behind our house from the Master Bedroom
Interior storage room
Kid's bathroom upstairs
Washroom upstairs
The landing upstairs. I am standing in the Master Bedroom looking out. Tyler's room is on the left, Sophia is on the right.
Sophia's bedroom
Sophia's bedroom closet
Tyler's bedroom
Joe at the reception of my Memere and Pepere's 60th Wedding Anniversary vow renewal
Grandma and Benjamin
Time to leave the party
We got an awesome kitchen table and chairs from my parents.
Moving day! I was so excited to see all of our stuff!
No comments:
Post a Comment