Tuesday, September 6, 2011

August 2011 -- 8 Months Old

What a month August has been!  This month Sophia weighed in around 20 lbs and is approximately 27.5 inches long.  On August 7th she cut her bottom left tooth so now she is the two-tooth wonder.  She loves to feel them with her fingers and tongue.  The very next day, August 8th, Auntie Melissa came to visit for a whole week!  We all really enjoyed having her around and Sophia especially loved playing with her while Mommy was at work and Daddy was sleeping after coming home from his night shift.  Auntie Melissa was lucky enough to be the first person to witness one of Sophia's new tricks.  She has now learned how to shake her head 'no' (see video).  Are we in trouble or what?!?   We also had lots to celebrate this month...Joe turned 28 on August 12th, I turned 27 on August 16th, and we celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary on August 18th.  Although we are far from family, we are surrounded by amazing friends to celebrate these special occasions with us.  OK-- back to the real star of the show....On August 14th Sophia pulled her self from sitting to standing using Daddy's shoulders!  We knew this was a sign of lots of mobility in our future and guess what??  Sophia started crawling less than 10 days later, on August 23rd.  That would not be her last physical feat this month...on August 27th Sophia started clapping!  It certainly is not perfected but it is a great start!  I guess all those games of pat-a-cake with Mommy are paying off!  Also during this month Sophia has started saying "Mama" and can now make kissing noises.  Such a cutie!!

8 Months Old. Taken 8-1-11

I love to ride on Daddy's shoulders!



Bath time!

Hmmm, what should I order?

I will take one of those, please.

Why is the lid of my sippy cup on my head?

I wear big girl pajamas!

Sophia with Daddy on his birthday

Bath time with Isabelle

Hanging out with Auntie Melissa!



Look how flexible I am!  I can sleep with my legs straight forward!

So sad to drop Aunt Melissa off at the airport.

The kitchen after Joe prepared lasagna and dirt cake for me.
What a great birthday meal!

Sophia with Mommy on her birthday.


Sophia lounging in her stroller at the Curry County Fair

Daddy with Sophia on her first ever fair ride

She loves the merry-go-round!

Beach day at day care

I love sand!


Napping at Stacy's house


I love my t-shirt from Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Rini that says:
Someone who loves me very much brought me this t-shirt from Pelee Island



Watch out! I can crawl!


Our sweet girl napping so peacefully

Sophia learned how to pull herself up in the crib.
However, she doesn't know how to let herself down so  she gets a little upset...


I know how to pull all of my toys out of the bin!



Bobble head doll

No goat!

CRAWLING!

No comments:

Post a Comment