Sophia turned 4 1/2 on June 1st. She had school in the morning and we celebrated that evening by making a pan of brownies with just half of it frosted in hot pink icing. On June 2nd I drove with the kids to Newark Airport to pick up my Dad and continue on to Cape Cod for a whirlwind 48 hour trip. Tyler had his final appointment with Cheryl, his speech therapist from the Cape, on June 3rd. She was very impressed with his eating skills! I drove home with the kids on June 4th so that Sophia could get back to school and that I could go back to work.
We celebrated Luc Grimes' birthday on June 6th. The kids had so much fun eating dinner with the birthday boy and jumping in the big bouncy house that they set up in their side yard.
June 8th was Sophia's last day of PreK 3. She had wonderful teachers and she really enjoyed playing with her school friends. On June 9th Sophia, Tyler, and I drove to Atlantic City for Tyler's appointment with the pediatric pulmonologist. She prescribed Tyler a special type of medicine for his nebulizer which would help when he got croup but would not elevate his heart rate like Albuterol. She suspected that he may have a propensity for allergies in the future but, for now, he looked pretty good. We made an appointment to follow up with her in 4 months.
Sophia and I went to her new school, Discovery Elementary, for new student orientation on June 10th. We learned lots of useful information regarding backpacks, snacks, and the general outline of the school day. We also got to meet some of the teachers and play with a few kids that were in PreK 4! Sophia liked listening to a book, coloring, and playing with a dollhouse. She was ready to skip summer break and start her new school year! That afternoon I went to my first OB appointment for Baby Benscoter #3. I had a consultation with a midwife and had a whole bunch of other tests taken. It was a busy appointment! The midwife said everything seemed to be on track with my pregnancy so that was very welcome news. Also, with Tyler's congenital heart defect, I was going to be referred out to Maternal Fetal Medicine for all of my ultrasounds.
On June 13th I flew out with the kids to Jacksonville, Florida for a week at St. Augustine Beach with Nana, Papa, Aunt Melissa, Uncle David, and Aunt Julie! We had so much fun soaking up sun at the beach, playing in the pool at the condo, going to down town St. Augustine, and visiting the Alligator Farm! And before we knew it, June 19th rolled around and it was time for us to fly back home. Unfortunately, it was a rough day for us since Tyler's stomach was bothering him and he threw up several times just before we left for the airport. Then we had to sit inside the airplane at the gate for over an hour while we waited for thunderstorms to pass. I was a little nervous and stressed but the kids did great and we made it home safely. Thankfully Joe was waiting for us at the Philadelphia airport and he even brought balloons for the kids so they were very excited!
Joe and I had a date night on June 20th. We started out with dinner at a neat bar in Hamilton called Bill's Olde Tavern. The food was good and the atmosphere was fun and unique. Afterwards we went to see Jurassic Park...this movie was, of course, Joe's choice but I actually enjoyed it quite a bit! And, time spent with my main squeeze is always time well spent!
Father's Day was June 21st. We celebrated with brunch at Robin's Nest in Mount Holly then we went to the club on base for balloons and face painting. There was supposed to be bouncy houses and and DJ but it got canceled that morning due to possible rain storms. That evening after dinner we went for a nice walk through the neighborhood and that night Joe got his telescope out. Sophia, from her bedroom window, spotted Joe and I in the front yard looking at stars and planets. She decided to make her way downstairs and join us! She had a lot of fun and Joe really enjoyed sharing one of his passions with her.
On June 24th we went with the Grimes' to have dinner at a nearby park where the base was putting on an early 4th of July celebration. There were food trucks giving out free food, bouncy houses, and a band playing. It was a ton of fun and the weather could not have been better.
Sophia had her second dentist appointment on June 25th. She had a blast and came out with a good report...no cavities! On June 29th I got the opportunity to spend the night at the Lusignan household! Katielynn was in labor and I went over to watch their two older kids while she and Kenny went to the hospital. It was only a few hours later that I got a message that their son Colter was born early in the morning of June 30th! What an exciting way to end our month!!
Mommy's grocery helper gets to pick out candy!
Skittles are often his treat of choice
Sophia's half birthday!
Tyler feeding Cookie Monster with Cheryl from Speech Therapy on Cape Cod
Tyler loves feeding Grandpa
Happy kids with balloons from Luc's birthday party
Tyler likes wings and ranch dressing!
Kids playing in the fire hydrant in the cul de sac of our neighborhood
Tyler pretending to sleep at the table
Sleepy boy after playing at the pool
On our way to St. Augustine!
Snuggling with Aunt Melissa and Nana
Ready for the beach!
We found a carousel in downtown St. Augustine
Shopping in St. Augustine
Boy time
Snack time on the beach
Two handsome Benscoter guys
Alligator Farm
Our view from the condo
The lizard on Melissa's windshield
Dinner at the Conch House
Celebrating Father's Day a little early with Papa
Beach time with my girl!
Our beach vacation wore them out!
Poor boy got sick before we left for the airport to fly home.
No comments:
Post a Comment