Saturday, October 1, 2016

January 2016

Happy New Year!  We were fortunate enough to spend the first few days of 2016 with our friend Brusle Sherburne.  On January 2nd we all went into Philly to have cheesesteaks at the famous Pat's King of Steak restaurant.  We didn't know that there isn't indoor seating and it was windy and freezing outside!  We spent the afternoon at the Museum of Natural Science which was a lot of fun!

Grandma and Grandpa came to visit on January 7th just in time for Joe and I to leave for our parent-teacher conference with Sophia's preschool teacher.  Ms. Perkins said that Sophia was doing very well and was on track to be ready for Kindergarten in the fall.  We were so happy to hear such a good report but not at all surprised.  

Baby B #3's due date came and went on January 14th.  By January 18th we were all ready to meet our little baby!  I was having contractions every five minutes so Joe and I went to the hospital.  Unfortunately, the baby was not ready quite yet....not even hours of pacing in the hospital could help my labor progress so we went home.  After Sophia and Tyler were tucked into bed that night Joe and I went to a local grocery store and paced their aisles for a couple hours (it was way too cold and dark to walk outside!).  I took a shower when we got home and went to bed.  

Around 3am on January 19th my water broke while I was laying in bed.  I immediately woke Joe up and we prepared for our departure.  I woke my Mom up and the three of us jumped into the truck and drove to the hospital.  We checked into the hospital around 4am, got through triage, and were in a labor room around 5am.  My labor progressed very quickly and I was happy to get my epidural around 7am.  Within half an hour it was time to push!  

Emily Marie Benscoter was born at 7:51am weighing 8lbs 10oz and 22in long.  We were overjoyed!  Sophia, Tyler, and Grandpa came to meet her that afternoon...we all fell in love with her immediately!  We were happy to bring her home on January 21st just before a massive snow storm hit New Jersey.  By January 25th we had accumulated 22 inches of snow!

We spent most of the following weeks spending our time inside staying warm and cozy.  Uncle Benjamin came to visit to meet our sweet Emmy on January 28th.  He and Grandma left on January 29th but Grandpa hung around until January 31st.  I was certainly happy to have all of their help!



In line to order our cheesesteaks

Museum of Natural Science 
Digging for bones


Trying out our new recliner in the baby's room




On our way to a superhero party

Tyler's half birthday!
So excited!

Joe getting the ball ready for Mommy and baby







Baby Girl is here!
First photo as a family of five
Tyler loves his baby sister!

Sweet Sophia, the perfect big sister
Grandpa and Grandma with Emily
Uncle Evan came to meet Emily on his trip to TX...and came to give me the NLL trophy that I won!







Snow storm!



Science experiment with Daddy











Happy half birthday, Tyler!


Meeting Emmy for the first time!


Happy Birthday, Emily!


Swoosh!


Grandpa is so fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment